Pages

Wednesday 8 February 2012

I've been tagged!

Paul http://glossaryking.blogspot.com/2012/02/ive-been-tagged_08.html tagged me. Well, since I am still new here, I think this is a great opportunity to get to know some of you.

Firstly, here are the rules - and then we'll get on with it:

The Rules:
  1. Post these rules
  2. Post 11 random things about yourself
  3. Answer the questions set for you in the taggers post
  4. Create 11 new questions for the bloggers you tag to answer
  5. Tell the bloggers you've tagged that they are it
  6. . . .and, No stuff in the tagging section about "You're tagged if you're reading this!"
Right, 11 Random things about me:
  • I am born in the star sign Leo
  • Passionate about people development from stopping smoking, to stopping dieting to breaking out of comfort zones
  • Hate to see animals being hurt in any way
  • Love walking the dog every day - he's a Staffie, so walks are very brisk
  • My favourite TV show is Law and Order: Criminal Intent
  • I grill a mean peri-peri chicken
  • MacDonald's is for me a brilliant example of a system that works
  • I love living in the UK because I get to visit beautiful ancient castles
  • I spend every Monday night in a study group
  • I visited Loch Ness a year ago and Nessie failed to turn up!
  • I spend far too much time on YouTube
Now, to answer Paul's questions:

What is your favourite past time?
Reading my Kindle - what an amazing piece of kit!

Place of retreat?
Well, if on holiday, then Inverness, Scotland - if at home, somewhere in the Welsh Hills

Favourite Food?
My mother's deefried and creamed prawns

When are you at your happiest?
When I am in service to people. Whenever I work with someone and we reach successful outcomes, I am thrilled to beyond and back

What is your greatest desire?
I have one major backlog of books that I have got to read and assimilate; my greatest desire is to focus on the task in hand and get them read and mastered.

What is your proudest achievement?
I took on a hige project one time. Someone once suggested that you ought to bite off more than you can chew, and then, chew like hell. I took it literally and delivered, ahead of time and below budget. I still love that achievement - 9 years later.

Did you have a favourite teacher?
Oddly enough, Paul mentioned his Latin teacher. What is it with Latin teachers? I loved my Latin teacher too. His name was Sydney Klevansky - what a guy. he filled our minds with such wisdom and always said - to be successful is simple - you have got to learn to be the person your mother thinks you are! - how profound!!

What have your learnt about yourself recently?
Without getting into too much detail, I have discovered when the chips are down - I can really depend on myself to find a solution.

Who is your favourite performer / artist?
Al Pacino - every time: what an incredible actor - I love hsi versatility and intensity.

What are your goals for 2012?
My major goal is to systematise my business and emulate the MacDonalds business model - deliver knowledge transfer that sticks, is accessible and useable so people can change and shape their lives to their order - consistently.

I now tag these people:
Marcia 
Buttons 
Maas Journal 

Here are your questions:
  1. Do you believe in the stars? Yes, why? No, why?
  2. If you could be anywhere else right now, where would that be and why?
  3. Have you got a favourite wild animal? If yes, what is it?
  4. Do you like what you do for a living?
  5. Imagine for a moment you have absolutely no limitations - what would you like to be doing with your life?
  6. How do you like to spend your free time?
  7. Are you a summer or a winter person?
  8. Who, apart from you, has shaped your life the most, and why?
  9. Tent or Hotel for taking breaks?
  10. Aspirations?
  11. if you could learn any language in the world, apart from your mother tongue, what would it be and why?
 
 
  

2 comments:

Paul said...

Thanks for answering my questions. I understand what you're saying about being happiest when in service to others. It is most satisfying when you put others before your self.

Buttons Thoughts said...

Well George it is certainly nice to know more about you. I love this concept of sharing questions and getting to know others thoughts and dreams.
I am sorry you never seen Nessie:)
That being said I am very sorry I honestly do not have time to take part in this tag. I just wanted to be honest and make you understand it has nothing to do with anything it is all about busy busy busy.
I can tell by your answers I would certainly like to sit down and have a conversation with you I am sure we could find lots of things in common to talk about. Thanks for thinking of me. I am an Aries and have heard Leo and Aries are known to get along well. Maybe after calving time. B